Looking for a scrumptious cupcake recipe using decadent strawberries? This is the only one you need! Modeled after the world-famous Sprinkles Cupcakes, this copycat strawberry cupcakes recipe will blow you away. I was lucky enough to try a real Sprinkles Strawberry Cupcake in NYC, and it’s my favorite cupcake on the planet. But this recipe is a serious contender.
It’s made only with fresh ingredients and tastes so pure, natural, and divine. The trick I’ve learned is to bring all of your cold ingredients like butter, milk, and eggs to room temperature to make the cake nice and fluffy! Also, use high-quality vanilla, it makes all the difference.
copycat sprinkles strawberry cupcakes recipe
- CUPCAKE BATTER
- 2/3 cups fresh strawberries pureed (don't use frozen, fresh tastes a lot better!)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 2 large egg whites (room temperature)
- SPRINKLES STRAWBERRY FROSTING
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 stick salted butter & 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- CUPCAKE BATTER
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with papers.
- Puree strawberries, you need 1/3 cup for cupcakes. Save extra for frosting.
- Mix together sifted flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In another bowl combine vanilla, milk and strawberry puree.
- Cream butter.
- Add sugar until fluffy, then add eggs mixing on medium speed.
- Add half the flour mixture and blend. Then half of the milk mixture, then alternate until blended.
- Divide batter evenly, and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- STRAWBERRY FROSTING
- Puree fresh strawberries.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Add 3 tbsp strawberry puree, but I start with 2 tbsp and then add according to consistency. You want it to be creamy, not runny!