So I’m finally sharing my secret – the one ingredient that makes this fudge frosting so spectacular is….
That’s right, Milk Chocolate Hot Fudge from Sanders in Michigan. My Aunt Helen used to send it every year before cancer took her from us, and now my sweet mama orders it online for me. This is worth every single sinful spoonful. No joke! (And no they’re not paying me, but I totally should be their spokesperson!)
So here it is friends, the recipe you’ve all been asking for. The light mocha decadent frosting that will leave you begging for more…and a treadmill the next day. And don’t ask me if you can use another type of fudge topping because I’ve never tried. I’m loyal to Sanders and the memory of my Aunt Helen doing the polka and chicken dance at every wedding. (And sneaking me peach Schnapps…but don’t tell my mom…shhh!)
And don’t forget to pin this for later!
- 2 Sticks Butter (1 salted & 1 unsalted)
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
- 1/3 cup Sanders Fudge Dessert Topping (or 1/2 cup - depending on how fudge-y you like it!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp half and half
- Sift powder sugar and cocoa powder together.
- With hand mixer, cream butter with the powdered sugar/cocoa mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Add fudge topping.
- Add as much milk or half and half to get to desired consistency.